1. Focus: Keep the main thing, the main thing. Focus on the mission. MAIN mission: Glorify God. Second Main Mission: Be a voice for the unborn.
2. To stay focused, avoid chit chat. Prayer and vigilance are necessary to maintain focus. Chit-chat among team members is easy and tempting … but try very hard to avoid that temptation. It always leads to distraction and loss of focus.
3. To help maintain best strategic use of team, have designated stations. Prioritize so you can use team members optimally, no matter how many or how few you have.
4. Top priority: getting literature into women’s hands. Second most important priority: Calling out to every woman who enters the facility. Third priority: Call out to every woman each time she enters or leaves the facility. Fourth priority: Call out to friends, driver, father of baby. Fifth priority: Call out to abortion workers. Sixth priority: Call out to pro-abortion escorts/advocates.
5. If more than two or three members, strategically place other volunteers with signs. Follow rule of spreading out and don’t place sign holders at driveway.
6. Consider the best placement/use of any victim of abortion image signs. Further away from the point of engagement seems to increase likelihood of interaction.
7. Call out three key areas: humanity of baby, what God says, resources.
8. Progression of discussion should lead to conviction. Have convicting verses ready which may be more hard hitting than early stage discussion. (Example: “For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.” ~ Hebrews 10:26-27
11. Always offer prayer, but be aware that you should exhaust all key areas of discussion first, including convicting Bible verses. Know that some women use prayer as the way to absolve themselves of guilt since they have been “prayed over.”
12. Don’t grow weary or give up. Many woman first go in the center before choosing life. EACH time you can call out, you should. You never know what might finally reach their hearts.
13. Be approachable, gentle, kind … but truthful. You want women to approach you and a harsh or angry or condemning attitude rarely leads to that result.
14. Be unified and calm, confident and bold. Be all that they are not in their frenzied, fearful chaos. Woo them with truth and assurance.
15. Be assured you have the answer … because you do. Don’t be hesitant, ashamed, or timid in offering the only real hope there is. Jesus. Life. Tangible resources.
16. Utilize team members. If you need help, let team members be your assistants. Employ them to call Pregnancy Centers, housing options, etc., as you continue to minister to conflicted women.
17. Rest assured that the Holy Spirit will do the work. You are obligated to do your best but you cannot force a choice for life. That is up to God and the woman.
Convicting Bible verses for abortion-determined moms
“For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them” (2 Peter 2:20-21).
“Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? But the one who has heard and has not acted accordingly, is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great” (Luke 6:46-49).
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to Me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and cast out demons in Your name, and do many mighty works in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness’ ” (Matthew 7:21-23).
Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. And the word that you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me” (John 14:23-24).
“And He said to him, “Why do you ask Me about what is good? There is only One who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.” He said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder …” (Matthew 19:17-18).
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin (James 4:17).
Then they will cry to the Lord, but He will not answer them; He will hide His face from them at that time because they have made their deeds evil. (Micah 3:4)