HELPFUL OPENING LINES
- Humanity/Personhood of the Child
- Just a week late? Your baby's heart is beating!
- At just 8 weeks every organ is present and fully functioning.
- Feels a gentle stroke on the cheek, which means that your baby will feel the excruciating pain of the abortion.
- The only difference between a 2 year old and an unborn child is food, air, water and time.
- You are already a mother!
- You are the one holding life and death in your hands; the last line of defense!
- Three choices (parenting, adoption or abortion...list the results of each)
- Mention Resources Available
- Address Scriptural Judging
- Judging is SCRIPTURAL and commanded by God. Condemnation is wrong.
- Go HERE for Scriptures on Judging.
- Safety of Abortion
- PASS (Post Abortion Stress Syndrome)
- Surgery vs. the Abortion Pill
- Abortion mill and abortionist history (if you know it...do your research)
- Compare abortion to slavery or the Holocaust
- God's Thoughts and True Hope
- God never creates mistakes; planned before time (Psalm 139:16)
- God cares about His creations (Matthew 10:29-31)
- God provided a way of escape from our temptations to sin (1 Corinthians 10:13)
- Take up your cross and follow Him (Luke 9:23)
- God is a loving father but also a wrathful judge (Habakkuk 1:13)
Digging your pit deeper; take the way of escape before it's too late! (Psalm 7:15,16)
- Always Smile!
- Move toward the car.
- A maximum of two counselors approach the vehicle.
- Show the literature.
- Engage in dialogue.
- Ask the person's name and use it!
Ministering Car-Side: What to Say
- On the Street...
- "Are you looking for ____ (name of abortion mill)?"
- "Hi, I have a pre-abortion packet for you."
- My name is ____, I have something for you to look through before you go in."
- At the Car...
- "Are you here for counseling, or are you scheduled for an abortion?"
- "Have you have an abortion before? Here? Is this your first pregnancy?"
- "Why do you feel like you need to have this abortion?"
- "Why don't you pull over for a couple of minutes to talk?"
Adoption as an Option
- Open vs. Closed Adoption (know the difference and address her options)
- Never refer to adoption as "taking" a baby.
- Mention that there are over two million couples in the US waiting to adopt.
- Emphasize their ability to BLESS a family with their child.
- Use correct references to biological mother and father.
- Give them the brochure from Heritage House "Ten Reasons I don't Want To Place My Baby For Adoption".
- Direct them to Parent Profiles